So to get to the reason why I decided to write today.
I was watching The Bonnie Hunt Show (one of my favorites shows, I'm sad it will be canceled.) they interrupted it with with news about John Albert Gardner III pleading not guilty for Chelsea Kings Murder. I don't know if any of you have heard about this news that has been going on in San Diego. I have seen it on the national news, so I'm pretty sure most of you have seen something about it. Chelsea King is a 17 year old that went running on a trail near by her home and went missing. They found clothes with DNA on it and tracked down the suspect.
Here is a article about what is going on from our local news:
The kicker is that he has already spent time in prison for 3 counts of a forcible lewd act on a child along with other charges. He was sentenced for I believe I heard 30 years and got out after 5!!! He was a registered sex offender. This ANGERS ME!!! I don't like to get political or whatever it is...but I know something is wrong here. I'm not going to go any further about what I think or how I feel about it. People here in San Diego are very upset to say the least.
They did find Chelsea, but they found her in a shallow grave in the water. (That is how the police described it)
This just hit home to me because one, I have a daughter. Two, I have a 14 year old niece who is in track and is a runner. Three, I love the parks and trails/pathways here in San Diego. I could go to a different one everyday. I just went yesterday to a park area that has a great walking/running/bike pathway. Most of the time I go alone, just me and Lucy. I like to get out and walk and enjoy the beach or parks while Dustin is at work. San Diego offers so many places to walk around. The weather is just so perfect not to take advantage of the many pathways and trails. It just makes me sad that while walking these beautiful pathways and enjoying lovely San Diego, in the back of my mind I have to worry about who is around the corner or walking behind me. I have realized I should probably have a friend come a long with me. I learned the Buddy System in Girl Scouts and I guess it still applies to me as an adult.
I don't live my life in fear, but this has for sure made me a bit more cautious.
Yeah I think I speak for most people when I say YOU NEED A BUDDY! Please be safe Kat! Yes this story is horrible, hopefully stronger laws will come out of it. That or I say we cut the dude's dick off, pour salt in the cut and watch his pain. Put it on TV for all of America to see. That's just my idea.
ReplyDelete