Friday, August 21, 2009

Amnio

Today I woke up pretty nervous about the amniocentesis. It was actually one of the easiest most pain free test I have ever had. I didn't feel a thing. The Doctor didn't believe me that I didn't feel anything. The sono measured Lucy at 37 weeks I am 36 weeks now. It also said she was about 6 lb 9 oz. After the test I got monitored for 30 mins to see if Lucy was doing okay and if I was contracting. I did have 3 contractions while on the monitor, but they were to far apart. Lucy was moving around like crazy like she always does, so I was good to go home for the day.

I called the hospital this evening to see if the results for the amino were good. They said the numbers looked good. So her lungs should be ready for the real world. We are good to go for Lucy's arrival on Monday.

The rest of the weekend we plan on relaxing!!! We will have our last few days of sleeping in, and we plan on enjoying it. It is hard to believe this is the last weekend it will be just Kat and Dustin. Come Monday it will be Kat, Dustin and Lucy!!! We are so excited for this new chapter in our lives and to be the best parents we can be!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that everything is good.

    Great idea to get some sleep. I haven't slept for 8 hours straight in 3 months and 1 day. Jonathan says that is the worst part.

    Can't wait to meet Lucy! We'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete